The rhythm of modern people leadership in teams
Once you have the framework and foundation of your team (or business unit or organization) in place, you should start paying attention to the daily and weekly cadence and maintenance of the team. This includes both people and progress and products.
In contrast to the establishment and formulation of the frame (which includes four distinct and well-scoped questions), the operationalization of the frame is not at all something you can address bit-by-bit in a formula.
Instead, it’s a mindset and approach, that addresses these challenges:
- How can we ensure, that we do the right things right?
- How can we create shared values and norms?
- How can we create shared and mutual responsibility?
- How can we create frequent and useful feedback?
- How can we create energy and engagement?
From our experiences, the solution is to create a rhythm (or cadence) in your team with a higher frequency than in the old days, and with psychological safety to discuss relationships and results.
The main point is to create CONVERSATIONS across the organization.