Start with Why – and value
Answer these questions, so they can clarify your focus:
- That is the purpose of your activity?
- What problem are you solving?
- What opportunity are you exploiting?
Avoid falling in the product trap and be madly in love with a product or a tool. Any activity should be decoupled from that, and instead focus on capabilities, challenges, and value creation. Use the Impact Story as a great way to start.
Then, describe the value you want to create, both non-tangible value (capabilities, emotions, interpersonal etc.) and tangible value (profit, market share, growth, products, KPIs etc.):
- What benefit do you want to realize?
- What value do you want to create?